Titan Quad and Promenade
Construction is now underway on a long list of improvements to the Titan Quad and Promenade, spurred by the need for fire lane improvements that will meet current fire codes.
While enhancing campus safety, the eye-catching project is designed to give campus visitors the unmistakable sense that they’ve entered Titan Territory.
Concrete demolition is now underway. The bulk of the work is scheduled at night, from approximately 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., with the goal of minimizing impacts on our campus learning and working environment.
Click here for the architect’s package , with renderings, maps and other details.
Phase 1: October 2018 to Commencement 2019
- An improved fire lane from Nutwood Avenue around the perimeter of Pollak Library to meet current fire safety codes and allow continued occupancy and renovation of the upper floors of the building
- Decorative pavers, LED lighting and colorful landscaping, including trees, along the promenade from Nutwood Avenue to the southern edge of the library
- New furniture and WiFi towers to create informal outdoor learning spaces along the promenade
- Improvements to the north quad, with new stairs and a “front porch” at the south entrance to the library
- Installation of a South Gateway at Nutwood Avenue
Phase 2: February 2019 to Fall Semester 2019
- Continuation of promenade improvements along the east side of the library, including bike racks
- Improvements and additional seating at Starbucks Plaza, near the east entrance to the library
Phase 2A: Post-Commencement 2019 to December 2019
- A redesigned south quad, with more level-ground space, better configuration and amenities for events and performances
If you have questions or concerns during construction, please contact:
Campus Wide Improvements
A safe, clean, functional and inviting campus is vital for effective teaching and for the success and well-being of our students. Here are just a few of the projects our team is proud to have completed in support of our university’s mission. Click here for the full list .